Minnesota West Community and Technical College seeks a Nursing Assistant Instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. We are seeking an individual who is dedicated to teaching, is committed to students, student learning, and student success. Candidates should be interested in participating in classroom research, outcomes-based assessment, quality improvement, and faculty development.
- Participate in department and college curriculum development.
- Deliver classroom and/or online course instruction.
- Conduct classroom research and other assessment/evaluation activities.
- Mentor and advise students.
- Participate in committee assignments and college-wide initiatives.
- Multilingual or multicultural background or experience working with underserved populations.
- Participate in department accreditation and review.
- Engage in scholarly and other professional development activities.
- Maintain consistent communication with students.
- Participate in college and community activities.
- Participate in assessment of student learning.
- Ability to incorporate the latest technology into teaching methods and be willing to use online and distance learning strategies, including interactive television.
- Participate in construction of new courses.
- Work with advisory committees.
- Supervise student internship experiences if necessary.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Must qualify for Minnesota State Credentialing in Nursing Assistant Instruction. For additional information regarding licensure requirements, please refer to the Minnesota State Credentialing Website at: http://minnstate.edu/system/asa/academicaffairs/cfc/fields/Code/credentials.php?action=view&cid=423
- Diploma or associate degree in nursing.
- Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience of direct patient care, one year must be in long term care.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Current Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Three years teaching experience working with a diverse student population.
- Experience with D2L or other online Course Management System.
- Understanding of the mission, vision, and core values of a comprehensive two year college.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
Supplemental Information: You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position. Paper applications and resumes will not be considered.
Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a student-centered, open-access community and technical college within the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system. The college provides transfer, occupational and career programs, workforce training, educational outreach and life-long learning opportunities. The College is committed to accomplishing its mission: Dedicated to serving the varied educational needs of our diverse populations in affordable, accessible and supportive settings.
Minnesota West Community and Technical College is a comprehensive community and technical college with five southwestern Minnesota campuses: Canby, Granite Falls, Jackson, Pipestone, and Worthington and learning centers in Luverne and Marshall, Minnesota. Students have the opportunity to earn an Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate in more than 60 disciplines.
Minnesota West Community and Technical College is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity.