Position TitleComputers Instructor, Part-Time
Position TypeNon Academic/Non Classified
Starting DateAs needed- This is to establish a pool for future part-time positions.
Current Work Schedule
Salary RangeAP 7130
No Degree- $ 35.08; Bachelor’s Degree- $36.37; Master’s Degree- $37.72; Doctorate Degree- $39.14
DepartmentContinuing Education/Contract Education
Open Until FilledNo
About Rio Hondo College
About Río Hondo College
Río Hondo College welcomes and embraces all students in their educational and career pathways. As a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI), our College has a student population of 22,000, of which 18,000 are Latinx students. We were the first college in Los Angeles County to provide two years of free tuition to first-time, full-time college students through our Río Promise program. We are proud to acknowledge that many of our students have transferred to high ranked institutions such as Harvard, Stanford, USC and UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, Cal State LA, Cal State Long Beach, and Whittier College to name a few.
Our caring and dedicated student-centered staff, faculty, and administrators are devoted to the advancement of educational justice, equity, and opportunity for all our students. Our College’s 900 employees, with close to 600 faculty, hold themselves accountable for the academic success of disproportionately impacted student populations. Our entire staff, with unwavering team collaboration, work hard to ensure our students reach their full potential by eliminating gaps in academic outcomes that traditionally hinder students of color.
Río Hondo College is committed to the recruitment of qualified and diverse employees who are dedicated to our students’ success. We recognize that diversity in an academic environment fosters cultural awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for our students. We are steadfast in our hiring practices and staff development processes which reinforce the goals of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion. Our practices and processes also support the importance of a workforce that reflects the community and the diverse student population we serve.
Río Hondo College employs approximately 55% tenured track faculty of color; 60% part-time faculty of color; 85% classified staff of color; and 50% administrators of color.
Río Hondo College offers 30 associate degrees that guarantee transfer (ADTs) to Cal State Universities, a bachelor’s degree in Automotive Technology, more than 60 certificates, a Pathway to Law School, dual enrollment with K-12 districts, state championship speech & debate team, top-notch athletic teams, student leadership opportunities, travel abroad experiences and more.
In collaboration with the communities in Pico Rivera, Santa Fe Springs, El Monte, South El Monte, Whittier, portions of Norwalk, La Mirada, Downey, La Puente, the City of Industry, Los Nietos and Avocado Heights, Río Hondo College provides an exceptional academic curriculum to meet the unique needs of our region and strengthen our communities.
This is a continuous recruitment to fill part-time, temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the pool of applicants on file to fill temporary assignments as needed. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department or division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Assignment may include teaching courses as assigned during day and evening hours.
Have a commitment to professional excellence and continuous growth in the fields of teaching.
Other professional responsibilities and activities normally expected of members of community college faculty as described by Board Policies and the California Education code.
Minimum Qualifications/Education and Experience
Any one of the following: (1) A bachelor’s degree; and two years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught.
(2) An associate degree; and six years of occupational experience related to the subject of the course taught.
(3) Possession of a full-time, clear California Designated Subjects Adult Education Teaching Credential authorizing instruction in the subject matter.
Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an Evaluation Service prior to the closing date. Certification must be attached with copies of transcripts.
The following is preferred:
1) Experience teaching in a higher education setting.
2) Bilingual in Spanish.
Applications are currently being accepted for Computers Instructors, Part-Time. This is to establish a pool for future hourly teaching assignments.
Applicants must submit a complete online application that includes the items listed.
- Rio Hondo College online application (which includes supplemental questions)
- Cover Page (one page)
- Résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- Complete transcripts of all college/university studies, including degree earned (copies will be accepted). NOTE: Transcripts from multiple colleges/universities may need to be scanned as one document, then uploaded.
- Transcripts must include degree awarded and confer date (please circle conferral date on transcripts). Transcripts without this information and online applications without transcripts will be disqualified.
- PAPER APPLICATIONS AND APPLICATION MATERIALS SENT VIA MAIL, FAX, OR EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- NOTE THAT ALL CORRESPONDENCE, INCLUDING INTERVIEW INVITATIONS, WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL.
- The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires the District obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes his/her right to work in the United States.
- As a condition of employment, the selected applicant must provide a set of fingerprints (at the applicant’s expense) taken by an official LiveScan agency.
- Provide a Certificate of Tuberculosis Exam for initial employment (The certificate must be renewed every 4 years as a condition of continuing employment).
- For positions requiring a valid California driver’s license, proof of insurability is required.
- Applicants who are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act and require accommodations for completing the application process, testing (if required for position), or the interview, please notify the Human Resources Office.
- A copy of this announcement will be provided in Braille to visually impaired applicants upon request.
Commitment to Diversity
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Cancel RTF Policy
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RE-OPEN, RE-ADVERTISE, DELAY OR CANCEL FILLING THIS POSITION.
THIS RECRUITMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL FUTURE VACANCIES.
Rio Hondo College is committed to employing qualified administrators, faculty and staff members who are dedicated to student success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters cultural awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates.