Adjunct Biology Instructor-Business, Computers, Arts, and Sciences Division
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Biology or Master’s degree a related field and a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Biology. Previous teaching experience in a community college preferred. For lab instructors, a Bachelor's degree or higher in Biology is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide excellence in teaching by communicating and interacting effectively with students enrolled in courses within the program area.
- Ability to use learning management system to communicate with students, faculty, and staff.
- Possess organizational skills to submit grades, reports, and records in a timely manner.
- Ability to keep student records and adhere to course schedules.
- Ability to ensure the course is taught in accordance with the established syllabi.
- Ability to supervise students and adhere to campus public safety directives.
- Ability to work flexible hours and evenings as needed. Ability to travel within the service areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is open to current York Technical College Employees and current employees of the
SCTCS college system.
- Provide students with course syllabus, grading/attendance policy, and other relevant information in a timely
- relate instructional materials, discussions, and examples and illustrations;
- pace the instructor over
- the academic term;
- provide students with timely assessments;
- return assessment results in timely manner;
- relate assessments to course objectives;
- follow acceptable department and college grading policies;
- utilize appropriate instructional technology;
- maintain a positive environment for optimum student performance.
- Submit reports in timely manner;
- practice effective class management;
- prioritize duties and use time wisely;
- adhere to class schedules and meeting times;
- provide effective classroom/lab supervision;
- maintain accurate records;
- handle students’ work and records in professional manner;
- perform other duties as required.
To apply, please complete an on-line employment application at www.yorktech.edu/hr or come to the Human
Resources Department, 452 South Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC, 29730, to complete an on-line employment
application. Applications accepted until March 2, 2022.
YORK TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. SOUTH CAROLINA LAW PROHIBITS EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION BASED ON: RACE, COLOR, RELIGION,
NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, INCLUDING PREGNANCY & CHILDBIRTH (FOR RELATED MEDICAL CONDITIONS), AGE,
OR DISABILITY. PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE EMPLOYER.